1 October 2020 - 30 September 2022
EXEC II provides a package of activities for its project partners to set up, roll out, maintain and integrate the e-EDES (e-Evidence Digital Exchange System) of the European Commission. EXEC II partners will chose – depending on national constraints – to participate in the following activities:
- Activity 1: Project Management.
- Activity 2: Setup and Maintenance of the e-Evidence Platform. In this activity, the project partners will set up e-EDES in their national environments. They will also set up an e-CODEX access point to exchange messages via this communication network. Furthermore, the rollout to piloting authorities and a subsequent country-wide rollout will be completed. Finally, the maintenance of the solution during the project duration is covered by this activity.
- Activity 3: Integration of national Case Management Systems. Most project partners have a national case management system in place. The data, which this system holds, can be re-used in e-EDES to optimize the effort for creating an EIO. Vice versa, the data of e-EDES can be re-used in national case management systems. Therefore, the project partners will integrate both systems to benefit from re-using data.
- Activity 4: Integration of national User and Identity Management Systems. Most project partners have a national user and identity management system in place. The users (with their authentication and authorization data) of the national system can be re-used in e-EDES to avoid a separate user management only for e-EDES. Therefore, the project partners will integrate both systems to benefit from re-using data.
- Activity 5: Marketing & Communication. Project partners will present the actions and results of EXEC II on national and international level. They will especially provide national trainings and workshops to technical administrations and end users. Finally, the project will host a conference at the end of the project to summarize the results and findings and provide an insight into current developments in e-Justice regarding the digitalization of European and national criminal law proceedings.
- Activity 6: Piloting of the exchange of digital evidence across MSs by using the EESP application. EXEC II will take up the workstream of the previous EVIDENCE2e-CODEX project to provide an application for the creation of an evidence package. This EESP application will mature from the level of a prototype to a system ready for piloting. For this purpose, existing requirements will be consolidated and new requirements will be implemented. Finally, the activity will create a roadmap for a long-term perspective of the EESP.
The goal of EXEC II is to have the e-EDES system up and running at all competent authorities in the country (Activity 2), to re-use data of national case management systems in e-EDES and vice versa (Activity 3), to provide users of the national user and identity management system for e-EDES (Activity 4) and to pilot the EESP application and provide an outlook for the time after the end of EXEC II (Activity 6). All activities will be accompanied by marketing and communication activities. The project will end with a final conference with the subject of the digitalization of criminal law proceedings (Activity 5).
EXEC II is again coordinated by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Justice.
Regular project partners are:
- Service Public Fédéral Justice (Belgium)
- Ministry of Justice of the Czech Republic (Czech Republic)
- Bavarian State Ministry of Justice (Germany)
- Ministry of Justice of North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany)
- ARISTOTELIO PANEPISTIMIO THESSALONIKIS (Greece)
- Hellenic Ministry of Justice (Greece)
- General Secretariat of Justice Administration, Spanish Ministry of Justice (Spain)
- Ministère de la justice (France)
- Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Croatia (Croatia)
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (Italy)
- Lietuvos Respublikos Generaline Prokuratura (Lithuania)
- Ministère de la Justice (Luxembourg)
- Bundesministerium für Justiz (Austria)
- Ministério da Justiça (Portugal)
- Office of the State Prosecutor General of the Republic of Slovenia (Slovenia)
- Swedish Prosecution Authority (Sweden)
- European Bailiffs’ Foundation (Europe)
Associated project partners are:
- Ministry of Justice and Security (Netherlands)
Other institutions are welcome to join the project as associated partners as well.