1 April 2023 - 31 March 2025
The COVID-19 pandemic has not only shown the increased need for digitalisation, especially for online meetings, but it has also significantly increased the knowledge and experience about videoconferencing. The pandemic has also boosted new solutions from technical organisational and legal aspects. Furthermore, the “Regulation for the digitalisation of judicial cooperation” will establish a legal basis for cross-border videoconferencing.
But still, setting up a cross-border, judicial videoconference is perceived as a cumbersome process. The SimpliVi project therefore aims at simplifying this process, by:
- Providing hands-on recommendations and best practises
- Drafting a standard workflow for the setup of a cross-border videoconference, including standardised forms
- Supporting this workflow with an e-CODEX implementation
- Drafting recommendations for the European Court Database for additional attributes for cross-border videoconferences
- Promotion of project results to increase their adoption in national judicial administration organisations